Another thought for feature

Geoff O'Callaghan geoffocallaghan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 10:15:27 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 17 July 2007 05:03:40 Richard Houston wrote:
> Hey all.
>
> Sorry if this has been asked and or answered.
>
> For me and a some of the new Linux admins I have setup, a useful option
> would be a minimal gui env for running some of the admin tools. Sometimes
> it's nice to be able to run wireshark, Firefox and other tools from the
> server it self.

I would have thought most of this type of requirement could be covered by eBox
[1] integration?

Personally, I don't see any need for a full gui on a server - that just means
I haven't run into a good reason yet - it may be lurking out there :-)

We should of course have X libs so you can run an X client with the display
presented on a remote X server either directly or via ssh .

Cheers
Geoff

[1] http://ebox-platform.com/