Another thought for feature

Richard Houston rhouston at rlhc.net
Tue Jul 17 03:31:14 UTC 2007

> I'm of the opinion that running Firefox on a server is not a
> particularly good idea for a number of reasons.

Oh i agree totally. I am only asking this from the perspective of the
fear I see in some of the Junior admins when they see the cli only login.
I think if it is an option then at deployment time, the individual IS
management can make the decision. Just my thoughts here.

> However, I think I know
> where some of your concern is coming from. There are some tasks which
> just get annoying to perform on a CLI (try configuring complex ACLS with
>  Samba using AD accounts sometime).

I agree. ACL management can be a pain especially if your trying to talk
someone through it over the phone. ;)

> Which reminds me--a good management interface needs to come out of the
> box on the server. I'm working on building my own AJAX for some of this. I
> figure I'll kill two birds with one stone--learn AJAX and free myself
> from having to manually type in setfacl commands. It gets old fast.

Thanks sounds great. I would love to help out in anyway. I am not a
programmer but would be more then willing to test/debug through up some
ideas and general thoughts.

Thanks

Rich