Help me correct the subtitle file

Tabrez Iqbal tabrez.iqbal at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 09:08:42 BST 2007

On 10/23/07, Alan Pope <alan at popey.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 23:55 +0530, Tabrez Iqbal wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have created the English subtitles for the screencast "Connecting to
> > Printers"(please don't tell me that it has already been created :D,
>
> However, I'm afraid it has.
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScreencastTeam/TranslationStatus?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=20070727_printing_in_ubuntu_en.srt
>
> Linked from: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScreencastTeam/TranslationStatus
> Note the "X" in the "English" column next to "Printing in Ubuntu" in the
> table on that page.

Yeah, I had checked that page before starting, noting from that page that
"Connecting to Printers" does not have the subtitles. Then just picked the
screencast with "Print" in it, ending up with "Printing in Ubuntu," not
realising there can be two screencasts about printing in gnu/linux! My bad
:(

By the way, just noticed that the Translation Status page doesn't list some
subtitles in the "English" section(nearly 21 subtitle files, but only 8
links in "English" section). I am adding the missing links, somebody can
edit them later if I add something incorrectly.

This link not working -
http://static.screencasts.ubuntu.com/20070908_places_and_system_en.srt, on
this page - http://screencasts.ubuntu.com/MoS2007/08_Places_and_System
It's available here for download:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScreencastTeam/TranslationStatus?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=20070908_tour_places_and_system_en.srt

Two copies that don't match:
http://screencasts.ubuntu.com/videos/20070912_infra_recorder_en.srt
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScreencastTeam/TranslationStatus?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=20070912_infra_recorder_en_.srt
(note the trailing underscore in second file)

Regards,
Tabrez
--
http://beans.seartipy.com/
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking." -- Dr.