Help me correct the subtitle file

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Tue Oct 23 09:40:41 BST 2007

Hi Tabrez,

On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 13:38 +0530, Tabrez Iqbal wrote:

> Yeah, I had checked that page before starting, noting from that page
> that "Connecting to Printers" does not have the subtitles. Then just
> picked the screencast with "Print" in it, ending up with "Printing in
> Ubuntu," not realising there can be two screencasts about printing in
> gnu/linux! My bad :(

Sorry about that. Hope it doesn't put you off contributing in the
future. Our translation system isn't perfect as you can see, and any
improvments would be welcome.

I have already contacted the launchpad developers to ask if they could
sort us out with some kind of import/export script to enable us to
manage translations in LP. Will speak to them again soon.

> By the way, just noticed that the Translation Status page doesn't list
> some subtitles in the "English" section(nearly 21 subtitle files, but
> only 8 links in "English" section). I am adding the missing links,
> somebody can edit them later if I add something incorrectly.

Great stuff!

> This link not working -
> http://static.screencasts.ubuntu.com/20070908_places_and_system_en.srt, on this page - http://screencasts.ubuntu.com/MoS2007/08_Places_and_System
> It's available here for download:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScreencastTeam/TranslationStatus?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=20070908_tour_places_and_system_en.srt

Fixed.

> Two copies that don't match:
> http://screencasts.ubuntu.com/videos/20070912_infra_recorder_en.srt
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ScreencastTeam/TranslationStatus?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=20070912_infra_recorder_en_.srt
> (note the trailing underscore in second file)

Fixed.

Many thanks.
Al.