cd-boot-images for 22.04.5

Utkarsh Gupta utkarsh.gupta at canonical.com
Fri Aug 30 10:18:14 UTC 2024

HI Mate,

On Fri, Aug 30, 2024 at 3:41 PM Mate Kukri <mate.kukri at canonical.com> wrote:
> I am sending this email to raise awareness about the cd-boot-images
> update required for the 22.04.5 media.
> Microsoft started recently revoking shims older than 15.8 via Windows
> update, thus it is important that the new media ships with shim 15.8.
> cd-boot-images-{amd64,arm64} to be built against the new shim for
> jammy are stuck in the proposed pocket. This is due them being
> purposefully targeted against grub in updates instead of the
> non-critical update in proposed (which haven't been verified yet).
> I suspect getting these to build will require the temporary removal of
> grub-efi-{amd64,arm64}-signed from jammy-proposed to let
> cd-boot-images build against the grub in updates.

Thanks for reaching out, much appreciated. I think temporary removal
from -proposed is easier to handle and deal with.

Can you work with an SRU team member (CC'ing Robie) or an AA (CC'ing
Christian) today and sort it out, please?

P.S. I say today because you noted you're off next Monday to Thursday
and we'd like to be able to do this much earlier.

- u