cd-boot-images for 22.04.5

Mate Kukri mate.kukri at canonical.com
Fri Aug 30 10:10:37 UTC 2024

Hello,

I am sending this email to raise awareness about the cd-boot-images
update required for the 22.04.5 media.
Microsoft started recently revoking shims older than 15.8 via Windows
update, thus it is important that the new media ships with shim 15.8.
cd-boot-images-{amd64,arm64} to be built against the new shim for
jammy are stuck in the proposed pocket. This is due them being
purposefully targeted against grub in updates instead of the
non-critical update in proposed (which haven't been verified yet).
I suspect getting these to build will require the temporary removal of
grub-efi-{amd64,arm64}-signed from jammy-proposed to let
cd-boot-images build against the grub in updates.

Best regards,
Mate Kukri
Bootloader Maintainer

P.s. I am OoO next week from Monday to Thursday (inclusive).