[ubuntu-studio-devel] LiveFS ubuntustudio/cosmic/amd64 failed to build on 20180507

Jeremy Bicha jbicha at ubuntu.com
Mon May 7 21:08:02 UTC 2018

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 4:02 PM, Adam Conrad <adconrad at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 07, 2018 at 12:15:42PM -0700, erich at ericheickmeyer.com wrote:
>>
>> The only solution I can figure for now is to remove GIMP 2.10 from the
>> build and include the SNAP version as soon as it's available.
>
> Or fix the libmypaint/mypaint packaging to be coinstallable?

I think he suggested that fix in his second sentence. :)

On Mon, May 7, 2018 at 3:15 PM,  <erich at ericheickmeyer.com> wrote:
> We might have to go with a GIT branch of MyPaint 1.3 unless they
> finally release it.

The upstream issue is https://github.com/mypaint/mypaint/issues/918
and it's also blocking gimp 2.10 from landing in Debian Testing.

> and, in fact, had I known this was why 2.10 didn't make it into bionic,
> I'd have been pretty miffed.

Well, we still could do an exceptional SRU to upgrade 18.04 to gimp
2.10 once mypaint is straightened out. I think the part about Ubuntu
Studio 18.04 not being an LTS and that's the only flavor to ship gimp
by default might help. Note that upstream did a very late soname bump
for gegl and we need the new gegl for gimp 2.10.0 final (but there is
only one reverse dependency, gnome-photos).

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha