Ubuntu Desktop Testcases

flocculant flocculant at gmx.co.uk
Tue Jun 14 19:42:03 UTC 2016

On 14/06/16 20:32, Brian Murray wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 06:34:42PM +0100, flocculant wrote:
>> copied to release list
>>
>> On 14/06/16 18:27, Paul White wrote:
>>> ...snip ...Who, if anyone, looks at the *Ubuntu* test results? That was
>>> all i was really asking.
>> I can't answer that question of course :)
> I don't look at information in the ISO Tracker until around Final Beta,
> however bugs that are entered into the ISO Tracker do get tagged
> 'iso-testing' and I look at those bugs which have tasks about packages
> which my team cares for regularly.  Additionally, while people may not
> look at the test results themselves the bugs reported from conducting
> those test are useful.
>
> --
> Brian Murray
Perhaps the issue here is -

if 'bug' is not a flavour issue e.g. mousepad for Xubuntu, leafpad for
Lubuntu, Kate for Kubuntu, but something more generic like

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1577540

or

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/clock-setup/+bug/1587555

How does someone from a flavour looking long before Ubuntu have started
looking at Final Beta get these things looked at?

I actually pinged Mathieu on irc re first, second was originally a
ubi-console bug, shortly after doing so he had worked it out, sorted a
fix then landed it.

While I've got the time to do that - no guarantee that some 'can' fix it.

Also - if we leave these issues to Ubuntu's Final Beta - does that not
mean there's a massive backlog of generic issues that flavours have
found in the preceding months?

(That does not imply in any way that when 'flavours' find things those
things are lefr - they aren't. There just seems to be no automatic
method here)

regards

Kev