Ubuntu Desktop Testcases

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Tue Jun 14 20:41:31 UTC 2016

On 06/14/2016 03:32 PM, Brian Murray wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 06:34:42PM +0100, flocculant wrote:
>> copied to release list
>>
>> On 14/06/16 18:27, Paul White wrote:
>>> ...snip ...Who, if anyone, looks at the *Ubuntu* test results? That was
>>> all i was really asking.
>> I can't answer that question of course :)
> I don't look at information in the ISO Tracker until around Final Beta,
> however bugs that are entered into the ISO Tracker do get tagged
> 'iso-testing' and I look at those bugs which have tasks about packages
> which my team cares for regularly.  Additionally, while people may not
> look at the test results themselves the bugs reported from conducting
> those test are useful.
>
> --
> Brian Murray

I think Brian's viewpoint is correct. Teams won't be looking at the
tracker itself until Final Beta when the first test milestone is
dropping. That said, bugs are always appreciated. Flocculant is correct
in pointing out many of the image level bugs cross flavors, so it is a
good idea to keep in touch when you spot them, and file bugs regardless.
Bugs remain the common denominator and teams will continue to triage
them as needed. The defects summary is useful for this:

http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/reports/defects

As always, if you find a critical bug isn't getting attention after some
time, feel free to raise it. Otherwise, it's best to expect teams to be
developing at this point in the cycle, and the bug may idle for a bit.

Nicholas