Is a 16.04 alpha 2 needed?

Jean-Baptiste Lallement jean-baptiste.lallement at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 27 09:05:52 UTC 2016

Hi,

Le 27/01/2016 09:26, flocculant at gmx.co.uk a écrit :
> On 27/01/16 08:07, Steve Langasek wrote:
>> Thanks for the discussion, folks!
>>
>> [snip]
>> Ok, do you know where this has stalled?
> Not completely sure tbh. There was discussion on the QA list starting in
> July,
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-quality/2015-July/006064.html
>
> Max Brustkern (?) was looking , and had got somewhere by late last year,
> since then not heard anything. Nick Skaggs might be more current (cc'ing
> him in)
For Ubuntu, with the help of Dan, tests have been fixed and redeployed
for Wily. Unfortunately, due to some infrastructure changes, they
stopped running for Xenial and must be redeployed again on new machines.
It's planned before Beta 1 for Ubuntu.

Regarding running these tests for flavours, I'm sure Max will be glad to
help if you're encountering specific issues with their deployment.
Once these tests pass on a local machine, it's relatively
straightforward to deploy them on a remote machine and run them
automatically.

JB.

--
Jean-Baptiste Lallement