Trusty daily trusty-proposed updates?

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Mon Jan 25 19:29:41 UTC 2016

Hi Erick,

On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 09:13:35PM -0600, Erick Brunzell wrote:
> According to my calendar 14.04.4 is tentatively due February 4th:

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TrustyTahr/ReleaseSchedule

> So I gave the Ubuntu GNOME 20160124 amd64 daily image a quick bit of testing
> and I notice that trusty-proposed is still on via /etc/apt/sources.list.d.
> Is this intentional?

> I'm particularly curious if all the updates included in trusty-proposed have
> passed the proper SRU testing. I seem to recall running into trouble with
> this a few cycles back.

It is intentional.  The reality is that there are always SRUs targeted to
the point release that are landing up to the very last minute.  So the best
way to get an image for testing that most closely approximates what will
ship as the point release is to keep -proposed enabled for building, at
least while these SRUs are still in progress.

As Adam says, once the known critical path SRUs are through into -updates,
the image builds will be switched over.