Draft Utopic Release Schedule

Adam Conrad adconrad at ubuntu.com
Fri May 2 00:24:36 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 01, 2014 at 12:04:43PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:

> FeatureDefinitionFreeze is an important point of the cycle.  Trying to
> finalize blueprints /before/ vUDS isn't particularly helpful; and while it's
> suboptimal to have vUDS this late in the cycle, I think it's best to move
> FDF to the week after vUDS.

Moved.

So, I guess the point I was driving at isn't that it's not good to have
a goal for when to have blueprints signed off, but rather that I'm not
sure I've really seen anyone on the release team (you included)
actually say "no" when someone's asked to sign off on targetting a late
blueprint (as long as it's not also past FF).

Given that I could not have a blueprint at all and land a new feature
right up to feature freeze, at least, by the letter of the law, it
seems a bit odd to require people who actually plan to be absolutely
sure of their plans a month or two earlier. ;)

... Adam