New template for Release Team Meeting

Kate Stewart kate.stewart at canonical.com
Fri Jan 13 13:27:09 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-01-12 at 13:16 +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 05:56:54AM -0600, Kate Stewart wrote:
> >    Help please. We're going to try to reduce the last minute activities
> > needed to produce the release notes and technical overview, by capturing
> > release notes as the changes occur, from the weekly team status emails,
> > as well as workitems (more on this in a later note).
> >
> > To facilitate the automation, an additional section that has been added
> > to the template for team's weekly status.
>
> This was what the "Release note" section in the wiki pages for
> blueprints was supposed to be for.  Can we not continue to use that (or
> restart using it) for feature notes?

Yes,  that was the "workitems (more on this later)." ;)

There are some things that happen that don't show up though in the WIKI
blueprint page,  as well as a lot of workitems that don't have a
blueprint wiki page, so using the weekly email list, seemed a light
weight way of capturing things as they occur.    For instance, if a
package is updated worth mentioning in the release notes from the
upstream, but there's no blueprint to record it in.

I'd rather err on the side of pulling from multiple sources
automatically than force everyone to artificially create WIKI pages.

Kate