[Kernel] Release Meeting 2011-12-09
leann.ogasawara at canonical.com
Thu Dec 8 21:13:01 UTC 2011
Overall status is reported at the first link below. Burn down for
Precise Alpha-2 is at the second link below. Burndown for the cycle is
at the third link:
== What was done engineering wise? ==
This past week the Ubuntu kernel team uploaded the 3.2.0-3.7, 3.2.0-3.8,
and 3.2.0-3.9 kernels. The most notable changes found in these uploads
are the rebase to upstream v3.2-rc4, armhf build fixes, and fixes for
LP:894768 - "Installation randomly fails with...[Errno 22] Invalid
argument" and LP:899165 - "uvcvideo: Failed to submit URB 0 (-28)".
We have a large number of work items targeted for the Alpha2 release, of
which 40% appear completed.
== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ==
I'd anticipate the upstream v3.2-rc5 kernel to land in the upcoming
weeks. As usual, we'll rebase and upload when that happens.
The proposal to drop support for the i386 non-pae kernel is still up for
discussion/decision at the next Tech Board meeting on Mon Dec 12 .
I'd recommend that any interested parties in this discussion to please
attend this meeting. We will be sure to relay the resulting outcome
both here and to the ubuntu-devel/ubuntu-kernel mailing lists..
== Summary of bugs working on by team (reasonably reliable) ==
Aside from the immediate bugs/issues we resolved this week, we're
keeping an eye on the following bugs:
* Bug:818830 - [Sandy Bridge] serious power regression from kernel 3.0.0-6 to 3.0.0-7 (rc6 disabled)
* Bug:855124 - XRANDR operations very slow unless (phantom) HDMI1 disabled
* Bug:836250 - Intel Corporation Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 poor networking
* Bug:894070 - IOMMU error loop early in boot
* Bug:898127 - system hangs and errors at /build/buildd/linux-3.2.0/arch/x86/kernel/apic/ipi.c:113 default_send_IPI_mask_logical+0xdc/0xf0()
* Bug:901305 precise fails boot on ec2 hvm
== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==
== Issues? ==
More information about the Ubuntu-release