[Edubuntu] Release meeting 2011-12-09

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Thu Dec 8 22:00:46 UTC 2011

Me again, for Edubuntu this time :)

== What was done engineering wise? ==
Not much on the packaging side, just updated our meta package to pick
up changes from Ubuntu and hopefully fix it for armhf.

We learned that flavors don't have access to the Canonical QA lab
resources and that as the automated upgrade testing is moving to that
lab, Edubuntu (as well as Mythbuntu and Kubuntu) no longer benefits
from this daily upgrade testing.

To fix this problem, I'll be personally providing resources to run
these tests on my own infrastructure.
Initial results for Edubuntu, Kubuntu, Mythbuntu and Xubuntu have
already been pushed to the tracker, currently covering i386.
I expect to have both i386 and amd64 running daily for at least these
4 flavors and will likely extend to cover LTS-to-LTS upgrade too.

This service is obviously best effort, though it's easy to setup for
anyone with quite a bit of bandwidth, a VT capable machine and plenty
of disk space.
So if someone is interested in other upgrade "profiles" (for example
upgrade testing of the latest stable release), I can help them setup
their own instance, reporting in the tracker.

Results are being posted to the Daily milestone on http://91.189.93.73
with one result added per day (usually) and the results archived at
21:00 UTC on the Fridays.

== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ==
Still expecting a new LTSP and LDM to land, maybe not next week but
hopefully still this year.

== Summary of bugs working on by team (reasonably reliable) ==
I don't think we worked on any bug this week (not that we don't have
any to work on ;)).
Edubuntu Precise installs and upgrades fine at the moment, so we're
pretty lucky so far.

== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items ==
I think we're still waiting on Kubuntu to know what their plan for LTS
is and hopefully have that discussed at the Technical Board meeting on
Monday.
We'd really appreciate it if someone from Kubuntu could contact
Jonathan (highvoltage) and ideally have the proposal ready for the TB
on Monday.

I'm not sure if the TB will have a meeting on the 26th and I'd really
like to have that sorted this year still!

- --
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer
http://www.ubuntu.com