[Ubuntu-QC] Cannot boot since I did the updates on Asus K52JR

michel mycuser at gmail.com
Mar 2 Avr 14:46:00 UTC 2013

Hello Netherland6,

I would love to help you but I'm affraid my English is not that good,

I'm trying to read Quote >
The system I have installed is: Ubuntu 12.04LTS I try to boot since I did
the update and after I choose the kernel in grub menu we see an animation
with white and red dot than after it flash a black screen and then nothing
else happen.
I try : sudo add-apt-repository ppa:xorg-edgers/ppa sudo apt-get update sudo
apt-get upgrade in the console and did update-grub then reboot but on the
reboot it was the same nothing change. I also tryied to modify the
description of a kernel in the grub menu by hitting e I replace quiet splash
by nomodeset but it result in command line login instead of graphical login.
Please how to fix this?
is there any command I can do in command line?
< Unquote

There is one command you might try :

" Please Ubuntu Quebec Mailing List, will you help Me ? "

Have yourself a fine day Netherland6.
Yours truly,
Michel Chassey
PS excusez mon anglais.