Fwd: Ubuntu Online Summit (3-5 Nov): Get your sessions in

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 16:08:21 UTC 2015

Hi Nicholas and Marc,

*Date and time*

Wednesday would be the best day for me, and Thursday the second best day
and Tuesday is not good at all.

I don't know how to arrange a session, so I would rely on you to make it
possible and book a time slot.

*Content*

Now that you, Marc, have started the work to revamp the SDC by
simplifying it, and at the same time stating that none of the
alternative installers can be accepted, I'm not sure what to discuss in
such a session. Maybe something along these lines:

Can we decide to make the SDC reliable by removing its ability to create
persistent live drives?

1. As a temporary solution to make it work again

2. In the long perspective

2.1. Should persistence be added afterwards, when a reliable method is
found (for example the method, that was developed by Andre Rodovalho and
modified by me in mkusb)?

2.2. Or is it enough that the SDC is creating 'live-only' pendrives?
Users who want persistent live pendrives, can be adviced to use one of
the available alternatives (but they will not be included in Ubuntu).

Best regards
Nio