Package QA Tracker

Pasi Lallinaho pasi at shimmerproject.org
Wed Aug 19 08:18:28 UTC 2015

On 19/08/15 09:27, flocculant at gmx.co.uk wrote:
> On 18/08/15 21:44, Nicholas Skaggs wrote:
>> It can be setup anyway you wish. Historically it's been found useful
>> to retain the results for an entire cycle at once for packages. When
>> we removed older results, we got duplicate bugs and it was harder to
>> see what had been touched and what had not. It would be interesting
>> to have a discussion about how you want to use the tracker and what
>> would be the most useful to you. It's likely we can make the changes
>> you want without needing to make changes to the site/code. It would
>> simply require a quorum among those who use it.
>>
> Or.
>
> Something not needing quorum would be to have to work like the image
> tracker.
>
> Xubuntu have both types at our bit of that tracker.
>
> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/340/builds
>
> 64 and 32 bit refresh daily. The core package doesn't - just sits
> there for a whole cycle.
>
> If we did that then one flavours preference wouldn't affect anyone else.

The package tracker can work in the same way as the ISO tracker already;
you can add new builds per package at least manually. The problematic
part with this are packages that are shared; you can only have one way
with one package.

In my opinion, if we want non-full-cycle builds, then the builds would
have to update automatically and happen only when packages are actually
updated. I don't think there is code that could do this currently.

Instead of trying to change how the builds work, another option would be
adjusting how the current data is laid out. I could see that a "version"
field in the reporting form could get us to similar results as with
fiddling with builds if that field was somehow shown in the reported
bugs list. This would obviously need new code too, but updates to the
bug list have been planned for a long time - this is easily done with
those changes.

Cheers,
Pasi

--