Papercut in the latest release are now supported

Alberto Salvia Novella es20490446e at gmail.com
Mon May 19 15:07:19 UTC 2014

On 19/05/14 14:20, Stephen M. Webb wrote:
> I would suggest any bug fix, papercut or not, has a chance of making it in to any current supported release of Ubuntu
> through the SRU process.

The wiki <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#When> says:

    Stable release updates will, in general, only be issued in order to
    fix high-impact bugs.

Papercuts don't fit that!

Moreover; I think the point is figuring out how to make every release
more stable than the previous, while providing basic functionality to
old ones. So we can get to a point where every published version is stable.

This cannot be done by fire fighting defects in previous editions or by
using software deeply tested every two years. But rather on making short
iterations through processes, observing how value flows through them,
and continuously being untethering paths; so the quality management
process can rapidly auto-heal any software defect.

Long term stable Linux releases are fantasies. What really happens is
these are benefiting from the stabilisation work done by other less
stable distributions, or they would never exist.

Continuous Improvement = (Small + Short + Continuous) Improvement