Papercut in the latest release are now supported

Stephen M. Webb stephen.webb at canonical.com
Mon May 19 12:20:19 UTC 2014

On 05/18/2014 09:15 AM, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
> Because a papercut rarely gets accepted into a release that is not the future, in the past I decided the One Hundred
> Papercuts <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/One%20Hundred%20Papercuts> project to only work in flaws affecting the future version.
>
> But recently I have measured that it's very probable a bug which affects the latest release to affect the future one.
> The reason for that is most defects are discovered after a version being launched.
>
> As a consequence, the project is now supporting both the latest and future releases.

I would suggest any bug fix, papercut or not, has a chance of making it in to any current supported release of Ubuntu
through the SRU process.  For many folks, the "latest" release of Ubuntu is the most recent stable LTS version, which
happens to be 12.04 LTS until 14.04.01 LTS is released.

Perhaps you should consider including all supported versions of Ubuntu in the Papercuts project, or at least all
supported LTS versions?

--
Stephen M. Webb  <stephen.webb at canonical.com>