Hackfest planning

Nicholas Skaggs nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com
Wed Mar 13 22:41:50 UTC 2013

I know we're all knee deep in testing this week, but I would like to
talk about planning for our next hackfest. We've done 3 so far this
cycle, and I'd like to squeeze in one more if we can before beta2 testing.

I'd love to hear preferred days/times, what you'd like to see covered /
format (IRC vs g+ vs ?), etc. I'd like to see manual and automated tests
being written and hacked on as part of the 'fest. Now is the time to get
your feedback in :-)

To give you something concrete to work against, here's my thoughts on
how I would run the fest.

We'll pick a 2-4? hour window on IRC on freenode in #ubuntu-quality
We'll encourage pending open bugs, aka, needed cases, to be try and
closed as part of the fest
We'll commit and merge everything possible at the end of the fest
We'll celebrate with virtual party supplies once complete :-)

Happy testing,