Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit performance

Shane Fagan shanepatrickfagan at ubuntu.com
Mon Dec 14 01:00:10 UTC 2009

Good question,
The problem with adobe flash is that its native 32bit being used in a
64bit browser. This isnt ideal and you get a lot of rendering issues and
speed issues because of it. This will be solved by a native 64bit flash
which is coming soonish. We dont have any benchmarks but it is a known
issue. Its a problem that we cant fix because adobe flash is closed
source.

Regards
Shane Fagan