Ubuntu 9.10 64-bit performance

Lee, Ju-hyoung ju-hyoung.lee at intel.com
Mon Dec 14 00:43:46 UTC 2009

Hi,

I like to hear the expert's advise/comment regarding 64-bit performance. I recently flipped over to 64-bit OS, and dig into the system capability for my test configuration. And also work on the system performance/conformance if it is the same as 32-bit. Since I noticed a few things that only happen in 64-bit OS, I like to bring up my questions.

1.      Show the slow performance on YouTube replay in Firefox. I switched to Google chrome, but still see the issue. Use the same machine 32-bit OS, and did not see the same performance issue though. I am not sure what makes me see the replay slow down or hang in the web browser.
2.      Wonder if there should be any over-the-air performance difference between 32-bit and 64-bit. Does any of you have the record for it? Any test before comparing both OS?
3.      Also I am curious if any of you really do the comparison testing between 32-bit and 64-bit. Anyone?

Thanks,
Best Regards

                  Ju-Hyoung Lee