Ubuntu QA meeting agenda 2008-02-13

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 15 04:40:10 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 05:35:58PM +0000, Henrik Nilsen Omma wrote:
> Leann Ogasawara wrote:
> >
> > My next idea is much easier in terms of breaking the qa-hardy-list into
> > teams.  I'm thinking we should rename the 'qa-hardy-list' tag to be team
> > specific.  For example 'qa-hardy-desktop', 'qa-hardy-kernel',
> > 'qa-hardy-platform', etc.  I can quickly write a python-launchpad-bugs
> > script to update the tags for the existing list of bugs we have.  This
> > will obviously make sorting the lists by team much easier.  Also, going
> > forward this will not create any additional work for us.  We'll just
> > have to remember to tag bugs as team specific.
> >
> > I wanted to get your guys' thoughts on this.  Is there anyone opposed to
> > renaming the qa-hardy-list tag?  Is there any other better ideas on how
> > to easily sort the list by teams?
> >
> I think that's fine. This also gives the teams the option of just
> viewing their list as an LP search
> rather than use our page.
>
> When I spoke with the LP bugs team on Friday, they also said hat they
> would prefer to have the list identified by a tag. There might be a case
> for having separate infrastructure request items identified by different
> tags. So ours would be ubuntu-qa-lpbug (or similar) and there would also
> be an ubuntu-platform-lpbug, etc. some bugs may have multiple
> ubuntu-*-lpbug tags, which would be a good way to underline the demand.
> We should also consider baking the importance into that tag (while the
> LP team tracks the importance as they see it in field). That would be
> ubuntu-qa-high {-medium, -low}

I think our version of the importance would need to be another tag, or
maybe in the description, as otherwise the Launchpad team would need to
query for ubuntu-qa-high, ubuntu-qa-medium, and ubuntu-qa-low.  While that
is only three tags with three teams that'd be nine and while it looks like
you can have a search for more than one tag now that seems error prone.

--
Brian Murray                                                 @ubuntu.com