Ubuntu QA meeting agenda 2008-02-13

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at canonical.com
Thu Feb 14 17:35:58 UTC 2008

Leann Ogasawara wrote:

> My next idea is much easier in terms of breaking the qa-hardy-list into
> teams.  I'm thinking we should rename the 'qa-hardy-list' tag to be team
> specific.  For example 'qa-hardy-desktop', 'qa-hardy-kernel',
> 'qa-hardy-platform', etc.  I can quickly write a python-launchpad-bugs
> script to update the tags for the existing list of bugs we have.  This
> will obviously make sorting the lists by team much easier.  Also, going
> forward this will not create any additional work for us.  We'll just
> have to remember to tag bugs as team specific.
>
> I wanted to get your guys' thoughts on this.  Is there anyone opposed to
> renaming the qa-hardy-list tag?  Is there any other better ideas on how
> to easily sort the list by teams?

I think that's fine. This also gives the teams the option of just
viewing their list as an LP search
rather than use our page.

When I spoke with the LP bugs team on Friday, they also said hat they
would prefer to have the list identified by a tag. There might be a case
for having separate infrastructure request items identified by different
tags. So ours would be ubuntu-qa-lpbug (or similar) and there would also
be an ubuntu-platform-lpbug, etc. some bugs may have multiple
ubuntu-*-lpbug tags, which would be a good way to underline the demand.
We should also consider baking the importance into that tag (while the
LP team tracks the importance as they see it in field). That would be
ubuntu-qa-high {-medium, -low}

Henrik