Launchpad enhancements prioritisation process

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Wed Aug 6 12:58:59 UTC 2008

On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 12:32:00 +0100 Henrik Nilsen Omma
<henrik at canonical.com> wrote:
>markus korn wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 5:47 PM, Henrik Nilsen Omma
<henrik at canonical.com> wrote:

>>> dupe finding). Also important are features that will help us improve
>>> tools like bughelper, Leonov and the stat pages (e.g. complete activity
>>> report)
>>>

>> Most important for any kind of external tools would be a stable,
>> complete and fast API. So improving the json interface and
>> launchpadlib should be one of the top priorities. Unfortunatly this is
>> completely missing on this list. On the other hand "CSV bug lists"
>> should be removed from this list. This was meant to be a replacement
>> for the text view of buglists. There is no need for a CSV list anymore
>> once the json interface for buglist is working, the json interface
>> will always be faster and more powerfull than a CSV one.
>>

>Yes, I agree about the importance of the APIs - I think the reason it's
>not on this list is that it is a 2.0 feature and is in theory already
>implemented. There seems to be a delay of a few days in pushing it out
>though.

In the LP 2.0 release announcement the API was described as beta.  I think
having a stable, fast, feature rich interface should be on the
prioritization list.  As people start to work with the current beta
interface, I'm sure that can be expanded to include specific requirements..

Scott K