Launchpad enhancements prioritisation process

Henrik Nilsen Omma henrik at canonical.com
Wed Aug 6 11:32:00 UTC 2008

markus korn wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 5:47 PM, Henrik Nilsen Omma <henrik at canonical.com> wrote:
>
>> dupe finding). Also important are features that will help us improve
>> tools like bughelper, Leonov and the stat pages (e.g. complete activity
>> report)
>>

> Most important for any kind of external tools would be a stable,
> complete and fast API. So improving the json interface and
> launchpadlib should be one of the top priorities. Unfortunatly this is
> completely missing on this list. On the other hand "CSV bug lists"
> should be removed from this list. This was meant to be a replacement
> for the text view of buglists. There is no need for a CSV list anymore
> once the json interface for buglist is working, the json interface
> will always be faster and more powerfull than a CSV one.

Yes, I agree about the importance of the APIs - I think the reason it's
not on this list is that it is a 2.0 feature and is in theory already
implemented. There seems to be a delay of a few days in pushing it out
though.

And CSV should indeed be removed from the roadmap, which is denoted with
a '-' score.

Henrik