Ubuntu Tweak and Our Community

Jono Bacon jono at ubuntu.com
Fri May 20 20:34:45 UTC 2011

Hi Folks,

Yesterday I posted
http://www.jonobacon.org/2011/05/19/building-the-kitchen-sink/ to kick
off the discussion about a unified configuration app, and a common piece
of feedback was pointing out Ubuntu Tweak (http://ubuntu-tweak.com/)
which seems to satisfy a big chunk of the vision.

I have invited the author of Ubuntu Tweak to join us here, which I hope
he/she will do, and participate in this community as a means to bring
additional value to both Ubuntu Tweak and Ubuntu in general.

There are few ideas regarding this:

      * Identify what needs to be done to get Ubuntu Tweak into the
        Ubuntu Software Center.
      * Discuss the non-trusted repository support built into Ubuntu
        Tweak - my recommendation would be for it to be removed from the
        app and to package additions to Ubuntu Tweak separately as
        official packages in Universe.
      * Identify what configuration modules need to be created for
        Ubuntu Tweak and rally devs around that.

So fingers crossed, Ubuntu Tweak could be a good start for the vision.

Thoughts?

	Jono

--
Jono Bacon