[Ubuntu-PH] ACPI Battery Problems

Ealden Esto E. Escañan ealden at gmail.com
Sat May 13 08:54:43 UTC 2006

Hey Cricket,

On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 12:29 +0800, Christopher La Chica wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ever since I started using Ubuntu on my laptop, Hoary Hedgehog, until
> today, Dapper Drake Flight 7, it still hasn't detected my battery!

This does look like a long-standing problem.  I found two entries on
this in Malone - perhaps you can try some of the suggestions and/or add
comments to confirm this problem:

https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.15/+bug/16196
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.15/+bug/24153

>  Whenever I try to enable to battery indicator, it will say "no
> battery present". Now I know that this isn't a problem with my battery
> because I recently tried installing Fedora Core 5

FC5 is using a kernel based on 2.6.16[1], while Dapper is still on
2.6.15[2].  Perhaps the fix is in the newer kernel but won't make it to
Dapper :-(.

In the mean time, it is a good idea to add your laptop to
LaptopTestingTeam[3] to give those who focuses on laptops a heads up.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FC5ReleaseSummary
[2] http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20060508.193740.a9052ffe.en.html
[3] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam

Thanks