[Ubuntu-PH] ACPI Battery Problems

Christopher La Chica cricketlachica at gmail.com
Sat May 13 04:29:00 UTC 2006

Hi,

Ever since I started using Ubuntu on my laptop, Hoary Hedgehog, until today,
Dapper Drake Flight 7, it still hasn't detected my battery! Whenever I try
to enable to battery indicator, it will say "no battery present". Now I know
that this isn't a problem with my battery because I recently tried
installing Fedora Core 5 and it was able to detect my battery properly
without having to do anything special, just installed it. It even dims the
brightness of my monitor everytime I unplug the laptop from the AC power
supply.

I've already tried doing the steps mentioned in the wiki[1], and tried to
look for solutions in the Ubuntu Forum[2], but to no avail.

Can anybody please help me with this problem?

I'm on an ASUS L4500R Laptop[3] and am running Ubuntu Dapper Drake Flight 7.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Thanks!

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ACPIBattery
[2] http://www.ubuntuforums.org