Obtaining Edgy Eft disks

Sonja Teague lists234 at free.net.nz
Thu Sep 28 09:28:48 BST 2006

On Thursday 28 September 2006 07:29, Andrew McMillan wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-09-27 at 14:49 +1200, Sonja Teague wrote:
> > I'm not a hacker, rather I see myself spreading the Ubuntu gospel
> > by distributing disks and helping the Aunt Tillie's get cracking
> > - have had some success on this score already. Will I be able to
> > get Edgy disks to distribute through Ubuntu-NZ, they are not
> > available via ShipIt?
>
> They are requestable, apparently.  I requested about a hundred
> extras of Dapper to stick in the foyer here at Catalyst recently
> and they got delivered fairly quickly.  They also seem to disappear
> remarkably quickly too!

From https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuWeeklyNewsletter/Issue14

"Shipit plans announced
Canonical COO Jane Silber has announced the plan for ShipIt, once Edgy
has been released. The current plan is to continue to ship Ubuntu
6.06 LTS, due to it being a long supported release, while Ubuntu 6.10
(Edgy Eft) will be available for download only. Approved LoCo teams
can request 6.10, however, and will be sent out a large bundle of CDs
to distribute, as well as distributors that can further spread the
Ubuntu message. [...]"

So my question again is - are there plans afoot for Ubuntu-NZ to
obtain a bulk quantity of Edgy disks for NZ distribution or can I be
vested with authority to order a box or two for local distribution?

Bye... Sonja