[ubuntu-my] First Malaysian OS?

zarul shahrin zarulshahrin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 03:27:37 UTC 2011

Let me make your life easier since you're attacking me without fully
understand my post or just don't bother to scroll up and read;

Zarul Shahrin:

" IF I can get access to a copy"

Najmi:

"it's commercial, you've to buy them."

Zarul Shahrin:

 it's commercial, you've to buy them.

  This is the problem.  No Understanding of GPL whatsoever.

>From GPL FAQ:

Does the GPL allow me to require that anyone who receives the software must
pay me a fee and/or notify me?
No. In fact, a requirement like that would make the program non-free. If
people have to pay when they get a copy of a program, or if they have to
notify anyone in particular, then the program is not free. See the
definition of free software.

The GPL is a free software license, and therefore it permits people to use
and even redistribute the software without being required to pay anyone a
fee for doing so.

----