[ubuntu-my] Pidgin login screen

ApOgEE jerungkun at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 08:13:02 BST 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 2:26 PM, gunbladeiv <gunbladeiv at gmail.com> wrote:

> Salam,
>
> I would like to ask if there is posibilities to display login screen
> everytime people start pidgin.  There is a person from Iran asking me
> about this.  He would like to implement Ubuntu on a cyber cafe(so for
> those who might want to establish a cyber cafe should be aware of this
> problem) - but on client side, there will be a big problem for them to
> login to YM/Gtalk/etc.  As far as i know, there only option on 'dont
> remember password' but pidgin will try to connect to en existing account
> by default.
>
> If someone know how to solve this problem, please share your knowledge with
> us.
>
> Thank you in advance

as for security of their users, the cafe's owner should make a simple script
to delete the ~/.purple directory every time new user login.
This way, the previous user login id & password (which is kept in plain xml
text) will be automatically removed. The result is, everytime new user
login, when they open pidgin, they will see a dialog to add their account.