[ubuntu-my] Pidgin login screen

Ang Chin Han ang.chin.han at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 08:00:59 BST 2009

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 2:26 PM, gunbladeiv<gunbladeiv at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to ask if there is posibilities to display login screen
> everytime people start pidgin.  There is a person from Iran asking me
> about this.  He would like to implement Ubuntu on a cyber cafe(so for
> those who might want to establish a cyber cafe should be aware of this
> problem) - but on client side, there will be a big problem for them to
> login to YM/Gtalk/etc.  As far as i know, there only option on 'dont
> remember password' but pidgin will try to connect to en existing account
> by default.

If you're in a cybercafe, you should be nuking the home directory and
starting from /etc/skel everytime you log in, imho. Solves everything.

Not sure how the hotel in Phuket did it, but they used Hardy and
Intrepid in their Internet equipped lounge. Wish I'd have paid more
attention, but hey, it was a vacation.