Filter Matching..

Alex Latchford alex at yawnster.com
Thu Jan 18 19:56:52 GMT 2007

Howdy guys,

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/firefox/+bug/65638

This bugs is saying that the use of left/right double quotes should be
merged into standard double quotes in order to allow for easier
searching, Although I agree in principle with this, I agree it would
make life easier, but I feel this is opening up a can of worms, if this
is allowed then when the substitutions stop?

Fire up the character map and take a look down the Common list, there
are 5 or so characters that are the similar, however each one has its
own identifier, this doesn't even take into account other languages and
misconceptions in translations.

I think that this would be a great bug to fix in terms of usability but
in terms of opening large cans it's easier to close this one now..

Anyone else got any views on this?

Thanks, Alex.