Firefox translations

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 21:51:49 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 16:58 +0200, Crefelean Nicolae wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   Happy New Year! I'm kneekoo on Launchpad
> (https://launchpad.net/~kneekoo) and I am currently involved in a few
> open source projects, translating them to Romanian (PHP-Fusion,
> TinyMCE, OpenTTD, WordPress 2.0). It's been a while since Firefox 2.0
> was launched and there still is now translation in my language. This
> way, the ones who don't know English are unable to fully benefit of
> the new features the Firefox Development Team made available and, on
> the other hand, The dve team also has less chances to get bug reports
> from people using their latest work.
>   After being frustrated several times that I cannot provide my
> friends the latest Firefox, I decided the best way is to get involved
> in the Firefox adventure. This is why I checked Rosetta out and
> couldn't find anything to help me translate the browser. I think
> Launchpad would be the best way to have the translations done. If you
> will make the translation area work in Rosetta please get back to me.
> If not, I'd like to know how else can I get involved. Thank you for
> your time. I wish you a nice day.
>

> Sincerely,
> Nick

Hey Crefelean,

Thanks for your interest in translating firefox.  Currently, firefox is
_not_ being translated in Rosetta;)

Mozilla already has a very good system for translations setup at
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/l10n/  Folks on the Rossetta team are
working on making translations for Mozilla projects available through
Rosetta.  Work is currently underway.

I believe that carlos at https://launchpad.net/~carlos is the point of
contact for this effort.

Would you mind contacting Carlos and determining the projects status and
getting  back to us via the mailing list at
ubuntu-mozillateam at lists.ubuntu.com  so we can add that Information to
the Wiki.

I would very much like to track this issues and would appreciate your
help.

Thanks
David