Re: Please do not tell people interested in working on Qt/KDE apps?in Universe #ubuntu-motu is the wrong channel

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Thu Jun 17 21:58:12 BST 2010

"Michael Bienia" <michael at bienia.de> wrote:

>On 2010-06-17 15:28:26 -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
>> This is pretty close to the UDS discussion. A number of Kubuntu people
>> wanted a separate package set because, specifically, of people who
>> focused on these packages getting deferred from MOTU because the had
>> worked too much on KDE stuff.
>
>Do you have some examples of such deferrals? I've checked my DMB mailbox
>with the applications mails and didn't see a MOTU application where I
>remember deferring it because of too much KDE stuff.

I don't recall who it was, but just before the most recent UDS someone got deferred and one of the DMB members sited too much KDE on IRC in their rationale. The person in question later got MOTU, so the impact was only temporary.

There was at least one other case during the MC period. In that case, IIRC, someone was approved in the same meeting who only worked on Mozilla packages.

Scott K