Please do not tell people interested in working on Qt/KDE apps?in Universe #ubuntu-motu is the wrong channel

Michael Bienia michael at bienia.de
Thu Jun 17 21:03:25 BST 2010

On 2010-06-17 15:28:26 -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> This is pretty close to the UDS discussion. A number of Kubuntu people
> wanted a separate package set because, specifically, of people who
> focused on these packages getting deferred from MOTU because the had
> worked too much on KDE stuff.

Do you have some examples of such deferrals? I've checked my DMB mailbox
with the applications mails and didn't see a MOTU application where I
remember deferring it because of too much KDE stuff.

> Several people, myself included, argued against this since if we
> fragment Universe too much, the potential set of MOTU recruits will
> narrow significantly. We decided that it was perfectly OK for
> potential MOTU to be somewhat focused as long as they were well
> integrated with the MOTU community.

I wouldn't defer such applications for MOTU right now as there is no
"better" place for them. And I currently don't see strong reasons to
create such a package set (and the team for it) either.

Michael