Please advocate - WBEM packages fsvol and network

Mathias Gug mathiaz at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 30 01:06:02 BST 2009

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 7:47 PM, Ancoron Luciferis<ancoron at chaoslayer.de> wrote:
> some time ago I uploaded two new packages for use with the SBLIM SFCB
> (Small Footprint CIM Broker) that is already in the multiverse repo
> since Intrepid I think. As there only is the sblim-cmpi-base package
> available until now I decided to get the source of the other modules and
> build them up to be fully compliant Ubuntu packages.
>
> The two that I came up with are:
>
> http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/p/sblim-cmpi-fsvol
> http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/p/sblim-cmpi-network

Thanks for taking the time to upload these packages to REVU and work
on updating them according to suggestions made by some reviewers.

> Ubuntu is one of the last big distros that lacks a WBEM stack (I've seen
> others where OpenPegasus, OpenWBEM AND SBLIM are available with all
> their modules). So especially if Ubuntu wants to get a piece of the
> business cake there's no way around WBEM as it is practiced standard.

I've added your packages to the specification [1] tracking the
delivery of CIM providers in karmic.
Could you outline which part of the CIM schema/profiles is covered by
the providers?

[1]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WbemProviders

Thank you,

--