motu-sru needs you

Devid Antonio Filoni devidfil at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 15:30:24 BST 2008

Hi Cody,

2008/9/28 Cody A.W. Somerville <cody-somerville at ubuntu.com>:
> Hi Devid,
>
> On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 5:50 PM, Devid Antonio Filoni <devidfil at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I propose myself as motu-sru member. I have free time to also do
>> moru-sru works and I think I will do a good job. I've worked at some
>> SRU, so I know the procedure and in some bug I've suggested if a bug
>> is a SRU or not (I'm unable to find links right now), etc...
>
> Thank you for taking the time to volunteer.
>

>> My launchpad profile: https://launchpad.net/~d.filoni
>> My wiki page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DevidAntonioFiloni
>>
>> I will answer to any questions you will have for me.
>
> Can you provide a few (ie. 2-4) links to SRU bugs you've been involved with?
> Also, could you take one of the currently pending SRU bugs that you're not
> involved with and take us through the steps that you'd go through if you
> were already a member of the motu-sru team?
Links to SRU bugs:
https://edge.launchpad.net/bugs/230027
https://edge.launchpad.net/bugs/229776 (my first SRU :) )
https://edge.launchpad.net/bugs/211553

Ok, for the second question, the following is a pending SRU bug
(https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/debian/+source/tomcat5.5/+bug/179447)
The following are the (general) steps that I should do as motu-sru member:
The first question that needs a reply is "is this bug a SRU or not?"
In the example, the program doesn't start so it is a SRU as it cannot
be used by users. I try to reproduce the bug or to check users
confirmations. I test if the debdiff works and if it introduces new
regressions or not. If all is ok I give motu-sru ACK to the debdiff so
it can be uploaded.
If there is not a test case etc... I ask for it so people can test the package.
If a new upstream version fixes the bug, in most cases the package is
not updated but only the upstream fix is needed as a new upstream
version will probability introduces new bugs.
I hope all this is enough.

Devid Antonio Filoni