Freeze exception for 'fai'

Reinhard Tartler siretart at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 3 15:15:30 BST 2008

Cesare Tirabassi <norsetto at ubuntu.com> writes:

> While I would agree to grant a freeze exception for both right now, quite
> frankly I don't see the point in granting a standing-freeze exception or a
> per-package delegation.

fai is a native package, that is made 'non-native' for ubuntu. That
means that I take every upload to debian as a new .orig.tar.gz, which
means that every merge from debian is technically a new upstream
release.

Yes, fai is quite a special case, that's why I ask for a standing freeze
exception because you cannot really draw a clear line either here.

> Do you really expect that there will be new (non bug fix) upstream
> releases after the 'lenny' one?

I don't think so. Thomas focuses on lenny, and only on lenny until
squeeze approaches its own freeze.

If you tell me that a freeze exception is not necessary anyways, that's
fine with me as well.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4