Minutes of motu-release meeting, Friday 29th August, 11.00 UTC.

Cesare Tirabassi norsetto at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 2 11:12:57 BST 2008

> Diffstat requirements:
> Scott raised the point, to get rid of the requirement to add a diffstat.

I think a real diff is much more useful, perhaps compressed if we are afraid
of disk real property. For BIG diffs (say >1 M) we could require them to be
available upon request.

> Bugfix only releases:
> Another point Scott raised, was wether bugfix only releases would need
> freeze exceptions as well.

We have agreed about it since long and I didn't see it anywhere that this was
again under discussion. As long as this is documented (either in a bug report
or in the changelog) we should keep doing it.

I believe that for non-motu this would have to be decided/agreed by a sponsor,
i.e. I would prefer contributors to not take the initiative to decide
autonomously if a new release is a bug fix only release.
This is just my opinion, so it is up for discussion.

Cesare