My MOTU Application

Emanuele Gentili emgent at emanuele-gentili.com
Mon Feb 18 19:55:17 GMT 2008

Dear MOTU Council,

Please consider my application to become a MOTU.

https://edge.launchpad.net/~emgent
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/emgent

I live in Orvieto, a small city in Italy, near Rome, with medieval
origins. At the moment I work in the web-apps coding branch and as a
journalist in an Italian linux magazine called Linux PRO. Also, I
teach in ICT formation courses. My main hobbies are: IT-Security, Free
Software, politics and folk music.

I joined Ubuntu on July 2005 with 5.04 "Hoary", but I started to
contribute in September 2007. I created an account (2007-11-09) on
launchpad and later in forums to give support to people and community.

I'm working to the Ubuntu Motu-Swat ,  Ubuntu Pentest Team  (I'm
coordinator), Ubuntu Server, Ubuntu Italia Developers and Ubuntu
Hardened. My speciality is "ubuntu security" (auditing), I examined
REVU, launchpad and ubuntu.com and now I'm working to define Ubuntu
Pentest team (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuPentest).

I started contributing to MOTU community with security bug fix,
security auditing, merge, sync, packaging for my personal PPA (will
added in ubuntu-it-dev in hardy+1).

In the future, I would like to focucus in Security for develope Ubuntu
Pentest team and help in other SecurityTeam branch.

Also, I'd like to join ubuntu-universe-sponsors to help keeping the
queue at a reasonable size and to give back what others gave to me.

CCing my sponsors and I would say at them a big "Thank You" for their
feedbacks:

Kees Cook
Jamie Strandboge
Stephan Hermann