How to not collaborate with Debian (and upstream)

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Thu Aug 28 04:12:58 BST 2008

On Wednesday 27 August 2008 21:41, Steve Langasek wrote:

> That said, having had the details brought to our attention, I do share many
> of your concerns about the contents of this upload.  I gather from other
> comments Mathiaz made today on IRC that there was some pressure to get at
> least a preliminary solution into the archive in time for FeatureFreeze due
> to other packages depending on it, which may have played a role here; I
> hope that we'll be seeing further uploads to resolve many of these issues
> between now and Beta.

Having spent roughly the last 75 minutes on IRC with Mathiaz, I am completely
unconvinced that any course other than reverting this change is appropriate.
Rather than take unilateral action, I'm asking for opinions on this.

If we are going to put Gems in the system path, they ought to be well behaved
first.

Scott K