Proposed Features for Launchpad Bugs 3.0 - call for help!

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Sun Aug 24 07:41:22 BST 2008

On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 13:45:51 -0300 Christian Robottom Reis
<kiko at canonical.com> wrote:
>On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 12:38:02PM -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
>> >The list Reinhard discussed with you was related to Bugs. I've taken
>> >your second bits of feedback into account for our global priorities, but
>> >signed PPAs were also his #1 pick for the Soyuz list, so you're well
>> >covered.
>>
>> Was there a request for input on the global priorities that I missed?
>
>No, and perhaps "common themes" would be a better name than "global
>priorities". I collected these common themes from everybody's individual
>feedback. Performance was the big #1 global issue; global UI complexity
>was only mentioned by you and one other. I have written it down, though.

I idled in #Launchpad for quite somee time after the latest U/I shuffle.  I
saw a lot of people show up to complain.  I only saw two people (not
involved in Launchpad development) speak in favor of it.  I've heard a lot
of negative sentiment about it in Ubuntu channels too.

Since your process did not seek feedback on these gloabal issues, I find it
unsuprising you didn't get much.

Scott K