AUdacity Bug

Worik worik.stanton at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 22:54:35 BST 2008

Kia ora

I am having problems with audacity on Hardy Heron.  I cannot get it to
play sound.

That is not why I am emailing though.  I am compiling from source to
have a crack at making it work.

apt-get source audacity

It would not compile.

In import/ImportMP3.cpp in GetMP3ImportPlugin the line

new UnusableImportPlugin(DESC, wxArrayString(wxSIZEOF(exts), exts));

around line 49

fails because DESC and wxSIZEOF are both undefined.

wxSIZEOF should be WXSIZEOF and DESC is defined later in the file

#define DESC _("MP3 files")

so needs to be moved to *before* this line.  Then it compiles.

I hope this helps. Did seem too simple to bother with a patch!

BTW:

worik at alby:/usr/include/wx$ dpkg -l audacity

Status=Not/Installed/Config-f/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/t-aWait/T-pend
uppercase=bad)
ii  audacity       1.3.4-1.1ubunt A fast, cross-platform audio editor
worik at alby:/usr/include/wx$

cheers
Worik
--
The ladder of dreams was broken by the logic of many men, it was lynched
and burnt. Torn and hurt... The Lord of Dreams was angry.