shlibs problem while building package

Marc Franquesa marc.franquesa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 19:34:28 BST 2007

2007/9/25, Stefan Potyra <sistpoty at ubuntu.com>:

> In short: you put the wrong thing in the shlibs file in correlation to the
> binary packages you created. The dependant package looks for
> libITKAlgorithms.so.2.8 from SONAME, however the shlibs file contains
> libitkvnl_algo[.so.2.8].

I readed the library packaging guide, however there are some things
that I don't understand well.

First dh_makeshlibs created the shlibs file, I expect that the dh
script made the things well.

In my shlibs I have this:

libraryname soname package-name

This matches what appears on the guide (Chapter 6)

However, the first chapters about soname and the output of a objdump
on my libraries says that I must rename my package from
libinsight-toolkit to another name (libitk2.8 for example), but I have
many libraries inside this package.

--
"If you don't know where you're going,
any road will take you there" - Lewis Carroll