Change in the Mentoring program

Brandon Holtsclaw imbrandon at kubuntu.org
Fri Nov 16 03:54:33 GMT 2007

> > I would additionally like to propose that assigned mentors not sponsor
> > changes by their mentees.  This will better integrate mentees with the MOTU
> > community, reduce montor worloak, and expose hopefuls to more diverse
> > inputs from more MOTUs.
> >
> [..]
> Hm... I like the goal, but I don't see particular harm being done if a mentor
> sponsors a mentee, as long as the goal is actually still met.
+1
I live the idea of Stage 1 and Stage 2 separation and am willing to
shift me efforts to the Stage 1 needs of mentees ( I have no current
mentee's ) But not sponsoring a mentee's patches I think ads just a
little too much red tape into the program for my taste, I see no problem
with it as MOTU should know when they are comfortable uploading a given
patch/change , that is of course why they were given upload privileges
in the first place. I agree that a Mentor should work to integrate the
mentee into the MOTU Community.

--
Brandon Holtsclaw
imbrandon at kubuntu.org