Heads-up: small xine-lib transition in hardy

Emmet Hikory emmet.hikory at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 15:26:08 GMT 2007

Am Fritag, den 2.11.2007, schrieb Reinhard Tartler:
> The new xine-lib package that introduces a new set of binary packages,
> which have consequences on the frontends.
> Btw, do we currently have some sort of transition tracker? If not, I'd
> suggest to have a malone bug with a bugtask for every package (which
> means ~20 tasks). We can track progress this way by using
> debian/changelog)

    For the last couple transitions I've seen, there has been either a
temporary wiki page or just IRC communication.  I'd like to second the
use of many-tasked bugs in Malone to address these, for both easier
tracking and easy changelog updates.  Note that since we are still
before DIF, we might get a few untracked updates from Debian, but
those should be easily manually closed with a little investigation.

    If anyone is requesting sponsorship for such a bug task, please
clearly indicate which task is being addressed in your comment when
requesting sponsorship, as otherwise the sponsoring team is easily
overwhelmed by the number of tasks.