More Teams, more MLs, more more more

Reinhard Tartler siretart at tauware.de
Sun Nov 12 16:07:34 GMT 2006

Stephan Hermann <sh at sourcecode.de> writes:

> Why can't we go back to the "old" times of KISS (Keep it simple and stupid) so
> that everybody can understand what we are doing and can help us?

We don't introduce burocracy because of having burocracy. We introduce
it because we want to ensure some level of quality, transparency and
efficiency.

> Administration is good, Structure is better...but the people love us because
> of simplicity not being XYZ with strange rules.

I don't think that allowing everyone to just upload every ubuntu-dev
member to -updates would be a good idea. AFAIU everyone is allowed to
upload to edgy-proposed, but we ask them to diskuss this on malone
first. I think this is a good idea, but if you have a different opinion,
please contribute it on this list!

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4